Monday, August 07, 2006

Eve Sky Socks finally finished!

My resolve was to make everyone socks for Christmas this summer vacation. Ha! I spend all summer on these, but it was worth it. This was made on my Decor Accents EFG Sock Loom. They have 6 1/2 inch cuffs. This makes me appreciate good lighting and my no-line bifocals ;-D

These will be my last top down socks. I find when you come to the end to close the toe, the trouble is not so much the zig zag join or even the kitchener stitch; it's the long yarn you have to use which kinks and shreds.

So once I get my DA EFG WonderLoom, I'm going to experiment with toe up socks making use of waste yarn, which is a few rows of contrasting color yarn knitted first to use as a stitch holder.

Whew, I'm sooo glad these are done! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohooo,Congrats! They are awesome looking

KansasA said...

Stunning, absolutely beautiful!! I love the colours! Great job :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you've been needle knitting. :) I used Judy's Magic Cast on for my last sock and I like it better than the Aloha cast on. If you check out my blog there is a link that had a video you can watch of the cast on. I just brought my yarn and needles in and sat and watched the video and cast on at the same time. :) I'd love to see pictures of your needle knit socks. :)